Experience and Skills Count
Brad graduated as a dentist in 1982 from the University of Queensland ,and has worked in dentistry ever since.
He also has management and consultancy experience with corporate and practitioner clients in relation to clinical operations, practice management and legal risk management.
He has presented on law and management for dentists on a regular basis since 2000.
Brad graduated from law school in 1998 and his honours thesis was entitled “Material Risk and Causation in Dental Treatment”. He was admitted as a solicitor in 2006. He completed an MBA in 2010. He was called to the bar in March 2011.
He has been a Nationally Accredited Mediator since March 2016.
He completed a Professional Certificate in Arbitration in 2018 at the University of Adelaide and is a Grade Three Commercial Arbitrator.
He is a foundation Fellow of the Faculty of Dentistry of Australian College of Legal Medicine
Brad’s practice includes administrative law including appeals, health practitioner law, employment law, civil and commercial law.
Relevant Qualifications Honours and Experience
- Bachelor of Dental Science University of Queensland 1978-82
- Bachelor of Laws with Second Class Honours (Deakin University) 1993-1998
- Graduate Diploma Legal Practice (QUT) 2006
- MBA (USC) 2010
- P.Cert. Arbitration (Uni Adelaide 2018)
- Fellowship of Australian College of Legal Medicine 2001
- Fellowship of Pierre Fauchard Academy Awarded 2003
- Fellowship International College of Dentists 2009
- Fellowship Academy Dentistry International 2013
- Casual Senior Lecturer James Cook University 2015-19
- Secretary Australian College Legal Medicine 2002-3
- ADAQ Council 2006-18
- ADAQ Executive Officer 2007-11
- ADAQ President 2011
- ADA Federal Councillor 2016-18
- Medico Legal Consultant – Medilaw 2002-11
- Workcover Queensland Consultant 2004-
- Health Quality Complaints Commission Clinical Expert 2004-11
- MRACDS Examiner – Practice Management – 2008-12
- Clinical Operation Manager UQ School of Dentistry 2009-11
- Deputy Director (Dental) Medicare Professional Services Review 2013-5